Pages

Monday, October 1, 2012

“Vettukadu”- a church like no other



Vettukadu is one of the most powerful churches in Trivandrum. I am writing about this church based on my interactions with friends, hostel mates etc. now why did I say it’s powerful? Well it is because whatever we pray from here becomes true. There a “white thread” which is available in church and we can pray for a thing and tie it to our hand. If it breaks without our knowledge in the following months then whatever you desired will happen. I did it and it happened. One of my friends said that when you visit a church for the first time in any place, the first three things you pray for will happen very quickly.

How to reach Vettukadu?
Vettukadu is located in Trivandrum district in Kerala. Catch a bus to “Veli” from East fort Bus stop. Buy a ticket, it will hardly cost 11 Rs and tell the conductor to inform when you reach Vettukadu. It will take hardly 45 minutes.

Main attractions in Vettukadu
First you can see a statue of Jesus holding the cross. It is said that it is most powerful statue. We went there first and prayed. Then next to it is a cathedral which is under construction. If you cross the road you can see a temporary cathedral where devotees pray. Go there, pray, wait for minutes at least and then return. Don’t forget to get blessed with holy water.

Little away from the statue is where you will get the magical “white Thread”. If you go to that building you will be able to see a miniature statue of Jesus holding the cross, next to it there is a bundle of white thread available. Pray, make a wish, take white thread long enough to tie in your hands. You can also carry thread for your friends, relatives who didn’t come there also. Then near to that there is holy water. I often see people drinking holy water after they make a wish.

I went to Vettukadu first with bobby, Lakshmy and Devika. Then with Neeraja and recently with Anju. What I like about the place is that it is calm and near to the beach. But it is sad that beach is not clean. After the construction of cathedral Vettukadu will become more magnificent.

When I tied the white thread I felt some energy with it. When I made the wish and tied it, my faith in it was strong. Even though it got broken in front of my eyes, whatever I wished came true. My thread got broken within 3 weeks. And if God want to examine your patience it may take months for the thread to break off. This happened with Neeraja. 

No comments:

Post a Comment