Pages

Monday, September 24, 2012

times at the Napier museum


The first time I went to Napier museum was with Lakshmy and Bobby. Of course I have come here with my parents when I was too small, I don’t remember much of it. But now I love this place more and more. It was on a Sunday evening we went to the museum and hence it was closed but we roamed around the museum premises. Many people of different ages were jogging and walking, all aiming to burn the excess cholesterol and to maintain more health.

The museum has got a great ambience. I think it is one of the places to get lost, to think and to fall in love. It is very hard for me to believe that there lays a peaceful land in the middle of the city. The buildings made by foreigners, the gardens rejuvenated by the government, the zoo and the art gallery, all in one stop. That is the specialty of this place. You just have to walk around and around. You could spend almost a day here and no one would bother unless you are not disturbing the other.

Once I liked this place, I became a frequent visitor. There is something about this place that keeps us coming here.  People come here for the above reasons. I find more locals than tourists here.  If you ever been in Trivandrum you would never miss this place.

I keep thinking what do I like more about this place, let me just jot down
  • ·         There is plenty of space to walk
  • ·         Walk and talk process is really good here
  • ·         Great ambiance and good air flow
  • ·         Plenty of trees means plenty of oxygen
  • ·         A nearby KTDC canteen for the food lovers. (My friend is a coffee addict, even if I try to abscond this area; she forces me to come here). But the price of coffee and snacks are way too high for students like me
  • ·         The chances to meet your old friend here is slightly more than usual
  • ·         You can sit or lie down anywhere and no one would mind you
  • ·         Many place to pose for photographs


What else would you desire from a place like this? One time we went here just after Onam, there were swings tied under huge and small trees here and there. I jumped on the swing that was near to the gate and started swinging. Wow that was really good, I never expected to get such an experience there and there it is full of surprise…

Museum may have its historical importance’s but when I am here, sometimes I feel like I am part of something great. Only few places can give you this feeling. Like a free bird I am flying in the museum… enjoying every bit of freedom with my dear ones… 

No comments:

Post a Comment